Periphery
Saturday, August 06, 2005
  running....
Okay not literally. But I'm once again rushing to the deadline for my research project. Unfortunately one of the worst papers I have ever written. I really hope that it will never get worse than this. I'm really sympathizing with the kids I've taught writing to. It takes a lot of mental effort to commit to a process and not let your anxieties about the project turn you away from writing. If I do teach next fall (haven't yet accepted a contract) I want to make sure I write, revise and publish two pieces before the end of August, just to get the whole practicing what I'm preaching thing down. A few weeks ago, a middle school teacher was talking about the revision process in her writing classroom. I've saved the tips to use myself before expecting students to use them.