Periphery
Monday, August 08, 2005
  Currently listening to...
  • Native Deen has a new CD, entitled Deen You Know. Check out the sample tracks. I love Sakina.
  • In other news, I was seriously sad to hear the passing of Peter Jennings. He respected others, even those vilified by everyone, and earned my respect. I was thinking about the whole respect issue this morning, and when I spoke to my father later, he was thinking of the same thing.
  • Yesterday I attended Muslim Fest here in Chicago. It was a put together with just the right spirit and professionalism. Only problem was that too few people showed. As Native Deen said before their performance, that wasn't going to make the rest of us have any less fun!
  • Ahmed Deedat has passed. Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.
  • Lastly, I've got a job! It's four preps, but I'm very excited. More on that as I start the curriculum planning.