Periphery
Monday, January 17, 2005
  Around the blogs
  • Izzy Mo visits a synagogue.
  • Sunni Sister reflects on Dr. King.
  • Aldon Haynes--this old but I just found it--celebrates birth of his daughter. It's beautiful.
  • And a totally new blog, at least for me: Ihsan. It seems most of the writers are based in South Africa. It features poems, weekly cartoons, and a focus on AIDS in Africa. I love the way they translate this ayah in the top left corner: Those who struggle for Us - We shall guide them on Our paths, and Allah is with those who do what is beautiful. (Quran 29:69) The root in Arabic for that last word is is h-s-n, which is usually translated as good. But it does mean beautiful too. Actually, I think good and beautiful are really synonyms for the same concept.
  • Also recently browsed over to this website, which isn't a blog: DeenPort I love the current gallery feature, I've set it as my desktop background.
  •