Periphery
Sunday, November 14, 2004
  Eid Mubarak
Last night, cleaning and studying, I was in the saddest sadness, that Ramadan is past and I haven�t connected with Allah as much as I wanted. Last year, I was at the masjid the last day, and I cried, a lot of people cried. Every Eid, either because I�m too often too unconnected with my soul, or because I have truly gained something from Ramadan, I manage to perk up on Eid day. Today, it took a lot of effort. Salat was crowded, very crowded. My father gave the khutba, it was good, but not his best. I love to see all my siblings and their babies--I'm an auntie to five toddlers. They and my lil� bro are the reason I like to hope and work for a better world. Lil� bro gave everyone an Eid card; mine says: �Eid Mubarak, I love you, Eid Mubark, I hope you like Eid.� Of course I�m going to like Eid if my lil� bro hopes for it :) Then, my favorite family besides of my own�meaning people I really truly love�came to visit us. Huma Aunty and Ahmed Uncle are really good, good people. Their girls take after them for the most part, inshaAllah. I�ve been thinking about Iraqis all day; can�t stop thinking about Najma, and Riverbend�my sisters in Islam.