Periphery
Sunday, October 17, 2004
  Ramadan Plans
I'm fairly secretive about most of my Ramadan plans, mostly because they come out of serious reflections and serious guilt. But having seen some others do it, and feeling that I'm fairly anonymous here, I'm going to share a few. Habits I want to acquire: 1) Making serious duaa and dikr after every salat: I only do this after Isha and only when I have time. 2) Concentrating in salat: over the years, I've slid into a habit of simply reflecting/dreaming instead of communicating. I've also stopped concentrating on the actual verses I'm saying. 3) Daily walking/exercising: let's just say it's something I need to do if I intend to remain a sitting/desk professional. 4) Sadaqa: giving, everyday. Habits I want to remove: 1) sarcasm 2) spending excessive time reading news and blogs 3) worrying about future/things not in my hands at all; i.e. working within my sphere of influence and expanding that sphere Other goals: 1) reading the Quran with meanings 2) memorizing Surah Maryem 3) reviewing surahs I've already learned 4) re-reading Early Hours and a general immersion in Quran and hadith